Who We Are and What We Do…
We are women from many cities and countries working with Hope4Kids International to serve girls so poor they can only dream of ever owning a new dress. We transform used pillowcases, sheets and donated fabric remnants into dresses any little girl can be proud of.
Our pattern is simple but produces versatile dresses quickly. And by adding a pocket, a little lace or a vintage handkerchief, these dresses become even more unique. Some ladies hide a handmade doll or teddy bear in the pocket for a sweet surprise, making it even more special!
We are all volunteers and love using our sewing talents to serve others. In the last year, we have delivered over 12,000 dresses to 34 countries. Our ambitious goal this year is 50,000 dresses to girls in need.
How can you help? There are so many ways…
- Sew with a group or on your own (we can connect you to groups in several states).
- You don’t sew? Come to a group and cut or press dresses.
- Start a sewing group in your area.
- Donate pillowcases.
- Donate elastic, trim and thread.
- Donate fabric.
- Organize a Sew Fest at your church or company (we will help you).
- Share the Dress A Girl Around the World blog with others.
- Spread the word about Dress A Girl Around the World.
- Sponsor a lady in need through Hope4Women International (giving her training and a new life).
- Go and deliver dresses.
If you have more ideas or questions, please email me.
For more information, see our websites:
The girls need you! Imagine a world where every little girl owns a dress!Copyright © by Suzanne Lofgren | 0 comments